Lake Tahoe Sunset
Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Abram Article: At Second Life...

Reading this article made me feel like my library is hundreds of years behind in the realm of technology. We just recently created a MySpace and Facebook page. We are no where near entering the virtual world of libraries and library services. At the same time I guess it's okay because our library users have not yet verbalized a want or need for this type of service.
The virtual world of libraries is a concept that is still very new to me. However, I am familiar with creating avatars (please view my blog avatar). I created an avatar of myself via Yahoo and I found this virtual experience really enjoyable! My favorite part was choosing different outfits and hair styles. I spent a great amount of time creating this virtual representation of myself because I really wanted in to reflect me and most importantly I want others to see that reflection.

No comments:


Black Diamond Regional Park